Hi. My name is Jen Price.
I'm a versatile full-time freelance writer, marketer, and a former Associate Creative Director of an integrated marketing agency. I keep my writing and creative services flexible, allowing me the opportunity to partake in a variety of work. It keeps things interesting.
Whether it’s articles, web content writing, marketing strategy, internal communications, employment branding, a news release, story-boarding digital content, or coming up with a name for your business – I take on every project with genuine enthusiasm and mad professionalism.
Some facts about yours truly:
- Just like Ashton Kutcher, I was born in 1978. That is the only thing Ashton Kutcher and I have in common. I hope.
- I have a degree in Communication Studies from the University of Calgary and a post-grad certificate in Public Relations from Humber College. I should really get around to framing those ...
- I have 12 years of experience working in copywriting, communication strategy, marketing, and ideation including several years in agencies, non-profits, and corporations. You can check out the details in my CV.
- My work has appeared in The Globe & Mail, stores all across Canada, movie theatres, magazines, annual reports, numerous corporate websites, and everywhere the interwebs travel.
- I’m currently addicted to mid-century vintage finds, anything Christopher Moore writes, stalking Realtor.ca, manically Instagramming photos of my dog and my food, the latest horrible shows on TLC, cookbooks with lots of pictures, mental_floss magazine, and pop culture snarking in general.
I have a (sometimes neglected) blog. It gets hits! Therefore, I MUST be a great writer! (Trust the logic.) It's been featured on STFU Parents, Salon, MSN Living, Metafilter, The Nest, and a whole bunch of lady forums - which means people either like it or they really, really hate it. Your choice.
I've mainly received attention from something I created called The 50s Housewife Experiment. Basically, I lived a 1950s lifestyle using materials from the time as a guide. It probably has nothing to do with what you'll want to hire me for, but it's guaranteed to be a good distraction from your day, so have at it!